Friday, August 20, 2010

A New Roomate

Well the last weeks sleeping arrangements have been interesting. Since Cassy has started her new med it is more comfortable for me to be near her while she is sleeping. This means it has been a week of figuring out exactly how to do it. First we were in the living room, that was just not comfortable for either of us, so I was sleeping with her in her bed, that does not work though because the baby sleeps in my room, so when all else fails she is now sleeping in my room. At first I had her in the bed, that quickly came to a halt when she had an accident and wet the bed. Now she has a nice little pallet made on the floor next to the bed where I can be close to her but still have the luxury of sleeping comfortably in my own bed. She is still waking during the night, however, when she wakes now it is not play time she usually just goes right back to bed. The only problems we are having are 1 sometimes she needs to get up and go the bathroom which is fine but she does not wake me she just goes but in the process of going she seems to get lost in the living room or kitchen (I believe this is do to the drowsiness of the meds) so this results in a chilling scream at 3 am the 2nd problem we are having is she knows how to use the remotes for the TV so she is putting the TV on at 3am she finds her cartoons and quietly watches them till she goes back to sleep. I could easily detour her from doing this by putting the remotes somewhere we she can not get them, however, this action result in a crying episode which in turns wakes the baby. I just want her to sleep. So what do i do? Do I let her just watch the cartoons till she falls back asleep or do I let her get upset and put her back to bed? I do not have a problem with the cartoons except I do not want her to get into a habit of watching TV whenever she feels the need. Do I put her back in her own bed and then hope when she does wake at night that she will come to me and not find her way into trouble. What if she goes outside? What if she gets into something in the kitchen or bathroom that will harm her? I have some planning to do to figure out what has got to happen. I really just need her to sleep through the night, I am also afraid that is she gets into a regular routine of watching the TV that eventually that will turn into playing a little then playing more then playing a lot which will in tun defeat the entire purpose of the meds to begin with. It is just a frustrating process. I am going to put a call into the Dr to discuss these concerns with him and see if he has any sound advice.
As for the older girls they are enjoying school so far which is great. i did have to have Sammy's class assignment changed but that worked out fine. Katie has been so busy with Cross Country and now school that she has a hard time keeping her eyes open at the dinner table, at least this way I know she will stay out of trouble. I can not believe that in less than a month Shayna is going to be a year old, I am still trying to figure out where the year went. TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment